Standards for Veterinary Hospital
- An animal hospital shall satisfy the minimum standards specified in standards for clinical centres
- In addition to the provisions of Regulations for clinical centres, an animal hospital shall have sufficient facilities including;
- Comfortable and safe accommodation with walls and floors that shall be easy to clean and disinfect with adequate bedding;
- Wholesome feeds and sufficient potable water;
- Diagnostic facilities including imaging and laboratory services;
- At least one resident veterinary surgeon and one veterinary paraprofessional on duty at any given time; and
- At least two well-equipped veterinary surgical theatres, a preparation room and a separate recovery room.
An animal hospital shall have adequate staff establishment, which shall comprise at least 3 veterinary surgeons.