Standards for Ambulatory Services.
An ambulatory service shall have the following minimum standards-
- Sufficient means of transport;
- Clean protective equipment;
- Clean, well-groomed personnel;
- A facility for containment of micro-organisms and adequate protection against dissemination of diseases to personnel and animals;
- Access to proper disposal of all waste materials such as incinerators or secure soak pits;
- Sufficient portable species-specific restraining facilities;
- A contact point with adequate refrigeration and storage facilities for veterinary medicines, equipment and records;
- Sampling tools and equipment.
A veterinary clinical centre, animal hospital or ambulatory facility shall be available to offer 24 hour emergency service.