Registration of Specialists or Consultants
- The Board shall register specialist colleges in accordance with developed guidelines.
- A Veterinary Surgeon may apply to the Board in Form 22 for registration as a veterinary specialist in a college.
- An applicant shall
(a) produce documentary evidence of the relevant expertise; and
(b) pay the requisite fees.
- The Board shall, following a recommendation from the specialist college, on approval of an application, issue the applicant with a certificate of registration.
- A person registered by the Board as specialist or consultant shall use the titles with a client or colleague.
- A person shall not hold himself or any other person as having expertise they cannot substantiate, or refer to himself or any other person as a ‘specialist’, where in doing so would be misleading or amount to misrepresentation.